Friday, February 18, 2011

Final class blog

Giving myself a rating in the three wellness areas now is not a lot different from my unit 3 blog. Physically I would still rate myself at a 7 because I have not made any real progress toward change in that area.  Spiritually I would still rate myself at a 9. However, I have started giving more time to prayer and devotional reading and occasional meditation or visualization exercises. Psychologically I would increase my rating from an 8 to a 9 because I have reduced my overall stress level and tendency to worry due to the spiritual exercises I have been doing.

I have really enjoyed this course. I think I have developed some improved well being. The only difficult part of the things I have learned in class is still quieting a busy mind sometimes, but I will continue to practice. Know what difficulties I have had with some of the mental exercises and learning how to overcome them will help me to help others better in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Lori,
    I have enjoyed this class also. I however overestimated myself with my initial assessment. I guess my improvements will come soon enough. Praying and meditation will be the two things to get me closer to a balanced life. You sound like you are doing very well, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering you have strengthened your overall wellbeing, you are on the right path. This course really opened my mind to how we just accept that our lives should be filled with the hustle and bustle. Sadly, without it we often become lost. These are the prime opportunities that we have to learn about ourselves, reflect, and exercise conscious awareness. Keep a positive attitude! I too have a hard time quieting my mind, but I am looking forward to the benefits of its practice and hope one day it does become easy for me.

    ReplyDelete