- Based on your reflections, and on a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being optimal wellbeing), where do you rate your A-physical wellbeing, B-spiritual well-being, C-psychological well-being? Why?
I would rate my physical wellbeing at a 7. I do have some minor issues and need to lose about 20 lbs, but overall I am pretty healthy. My spiritual well-being I would say is a 9. My spiritual life has grown over my lifetime to a point where it is an integral part of me. My psychological well-being I would rate an 8. I do have some things that I would like to work on such as my stress level and why I let certain things cause me more stress than they should.
- Develop a goal for yourself in each area (physical, spiritual, psychological).
Physically I need to lose 20 lbs and start exercising. Spiritually I need to make more time to pray and meditate and listen for God’s answers. Psychologically I need to try to figure out why I tend to worry about other people’s actions when I can’t control them. I also need to stop avoiding confrontation at all costs because it is usually healthier to talk things out than to leave them unspoken.
- What activities or exercise can you implement in your life to assist in moving toward each goal?
Any physical exercise I could incorporate into my day would be an improvement. I need to get moving! I also need to increase the time I spend in quietness, prayer and devotional or Bible reading. For psychological health I need to do things to reinforce my self esteem and possibly talk to a counselor about how I handle conflict.
- Complete the relaxation exercise The Crime of the Century. To hear this exercise, click here. Describe your experience. (What it beneficial? Frustrating? etc.)
The link for this did not work and I wasn’t able to find access to it. I think I remember the professor saying that there was a glitch in the platform. Anyway, I have done other relaxation exercises and for the most part they work for me for a little while. I have a lot of trouble slowing down enough both physically and mentally to do these though because I have so much going on right now. I do try to carve out a day occasionally that I don’t have to do anything in particular and know that I can relax and renew myself.
Hi Lori,
ReplyDeleteI think you have a clear idea on what you feel the need to work on and have a goal which is the first step. I don't think anyone, except the guru's, have all aspects of life figured out, lol, but making the effort is half the battle. We all need to work on some piece of our being whether it is physical, psychological, etc. life is an ongoing learning experience.
You've acknowledged where you feel the need for change and that is the first step to fixing them.
I find myself with a list of things I need to work on also but that is what this class is about.
Good luck on your journey.
Hello Lori,
ReplyDeleteI too have made a habit of spending my days in full speed. I try to get so many things done and never take the time to reflect, or just be in complete calmness. Learning about integral health has already opened my mind and spirit the fact that going in full speed is not normal. I realized recently, that what I have done is convinced myself that the ciaos is normal, when it most certainly is not. I have developed a new understanding of the advantages of a clear and calm mind and its positive influence on my overall well being. I need to spend more time in quietness and calmness. Being realistic, I think 30 minutes, 3 or 4 times a weeks in relaxation could really make a difference for people like us.
Let me know how you are doing.
Jenny
Hello Lori,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your blog post because some of it hit home for me. I understand letting things stress you out that you shouldn't for the simple fact that you are probably the only one who is upset and stressed about it! Or at least that is how it seems to work out for me.
I believe the best way to help alleviate this would be to take time to incorporate some quiet time for yourself into your life, as it seems that you are extremely busy!
The goals that you have set for yourself are very realistic and I am sure that with some effort and time, you will be able to achieve them all without a problem! Just remember to take time out for yourself, as we all need a little time to just be by ourselves.
Lori,
ReplyDeleteI hope we all realize what we need to work on. Reading your blog really made me think of changes I should be moving towards. If I were to rate each as you did, I'm rocking about 7's. I recently pushed to hard physically so the other aspects of my life are suffering. I figured out the root of my problems...where I went wrong and I'm learning from the mistake. Slowing down and learning from mistakes is where I'm at now. Good blog
I have the same issue, I tend to worry about what other people are doing even I cannot control. I find that this creates unnecessary stress in my life. Avoiding confrontation is also something else that I do that I have been trying to work on. I think these blogs are good because we can share things about ourselves that we probably normally don't talk about and it helps make it feel like the things we are struggling with are similar to things other people are struggling with. I used to have a hard time getting myself to do physical exercise, especially after work. But I started just making myself do it no matter what. I would go in and put my workout clothes on without even thinking about it and it helped so much! Also doing workouts at home instead of driving to gym helped me get motivated because I would never want to leave the house once I got home. I can say that once you start exercising it will give you energy and you will feel good! Good luck with everything!
ReplyDelete